Saturday, January 15, 2011

Revival

Almost a year since I posted...seemed like flashing my HD2 to Windows Phone 7 would serve as a good revival of this blog.

I have had my HD2 for about 14 months only. Since then, it has seen varied WinMo 6.5 ROM's like Chucky, Artemis, Stellar and others. A couple of months ago, I loaded Froyo 2.2 on it and have been dual booting. Froyo is pretty cool. The icon set is brilliant for the display. There are some lag issues but seeing as how the phone isn't even supposed to have Froyo on it, the lag issues were tolerable.

Windows Phone 7 was released a few months back and with a slew of new phones. I had my eye on the HTC HD7 but before it got launched, I made an impulse buy of the Samsung Galaxy Tab (hope to review that too) and my purchase was put off.

However, thanks to the members of the Dark Forces Team, a new stable WP7 ROM has been released for the HD2. A guide and my feedback will appear in the Reviews section shortly (if all goes well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment