Friday, September 18, 2009

Old Town White Coffee....Bluek

I don't get how they are so popular...

I went to the one in Jaya One recently with my mum and my cousin. It was nice and bright and the smell of coffee was alluring so we went in. I ordered the ice blended hazelnut coffee and curry mee, mum had toast and hot hazelnut coffee and my cousin had asam laksa with ice lemon tea (i think).

Firstly, there were about 6 waiters standing around and none attended to us till we called them and handed the "self-order sheet". Curry mee came first and the waiter just put it on the table and said "Curry". ?!?!?! Then the rest of the dishes came.

My curry mee was bluek. It was watery and the mee, I think, had been in the freezer or something for a while so it tasted weird. I would have taken a packet of Maggi Curry anyday. My mum's toast had 4 blocks of butter just cut and put on top of it. It wasnt melted or even slightly spread on the toast. Cousin's asam laksa was OK except when she asked for the fish paste/sauce that usually comes with asam laksa, the waiter brought the soya sauce.

The drinks were good. Mainly because they OD'ed on the sugar. Looking around, not many people were eating. Mostly were students having drinks and doing their work(free WiFi) and for that I think its an nice place. But I definitely am not gonna eat there again.

Was it just a one off bad experience ?

No comments:

Post a Comment