Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TNT - Tomorrow, not Today

I had a letter that needed to reach its destination by 30th September (tomorrow). I've had mail lost when using POS Malaysia so I decided to use a courier service, in this case TNT.

I called them on Wednesday (23/09) evening and arranged a pickup on Thursday afternoon. (24/09) The guy came early, so I was pleased with that. He gave me the consignment form to fill in but I had an issue because the address I had to fill in was extra long. He offered to fill it in for me. Also, FYI, you better have exact change because the rider will not give you any. Regardless of the difference.

Today morning I get a casual call saying that the letter was rejected from the address because of lack of information. And the cool cat that is calling me has the nerve to say "Actually, the letter came back yesterday, but I'm only calling you today". I am not exaggerating. His response to me telling him that his man filled in the form was "Oh..."

After I give him the extra information, he says he will call them to verify but can only deliver earliest tomorrow morning. The snap I heard would be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. While I can't give the exact details of the call, it was settled that it will be delivered today, and not tomorrow.

What is the point of using a courier service that emphasizes the word "Express" on their consigment note when it takes them FOUR days just to call me to tell me there was a problem ?

Tomorrow, I will have to call to make sure the envelope was received.

This is definitely the last time I use/recommend TNT.

1 comment: