Thursday, September 3, 2009

Your phone, iPhone, My Phone ?

I did say this blog was going to be a whole mess of things and it seems I've been on one track since the beginning...time to move on..

Microsoft has, fairly quietly in my opinion, announced The Windows Phone . Before anyone gets excited, no...Microsoft has not started making phones. Rather, their next big release of Windows Mobile will be called Windows Phone.

Aside from being a major update from the current WinMo 6.1, the Windows Phone will incorporate new applications namely windows marketplace and MyPhone. MyPhone looks to be a pretty nifty feature whereby you can back pretty much any information on your phone, to the Web. Its still in Beta and there are no charges for it right now. You have a limit of 200MB (which I think is a lot of space for backing up a phone) and the cost is the data-transfer during the backup.

The first to launch would be HTC with the HTC Touch2. Of course, there will be many others to follow soon after.

My question is...why an upgrade from WinMo 6.1 to WinMo 6.5 ? What about WinMo 7? Will these devices be able to run WinMo7? How long more till its launched ?

I'm really curious to see how Windows Phone performs. WinMo 6.1 is not the best. HTC even covered up the GUI with their own TouchFLO 3D user interface...Will they need to do it again ?

No comments:

Post a Comment